UITHUIZERMEERDEN – Elzinga Groep has been around since 1946. Originally a contracting company, it is now at home in many more markets. But whatever they do, they do it well. It is precisely this diversity in services and products that makes Elzinga flexible and decisive. With the right equipment, but especially with the right people, they strive every day for the best quality, the best price and the most beautiful projects. Day in, day out and year after year.
This means that they go further than thinking along with the customers. Sometimes they even think for the customers. No challenge is too crazy. In fact, they like to find simple solutions to complex problems.
The Elzinga Group consists of a versatile bundle of companies, active in transhipment, earthmoving, infrastructure, inspection of hoisting and lifting equipment and productive in the design and manufacture of hoisting equipment and other constructions. As a family business, Elzinga Groep has grown over the past 70 years from a contracting company to multi-deployable centipede. With more than 150 employees, we work hard every day to professionally serve and support the customer, by offering an optimal solution for every problem. Quality and safety are never lost sight of.
In this position you are responsible for the day-to-day affairs of the projects and you manage the employees on these projects. You maintain contact with clients, subcontractors and suppliers. You monitor the costs and budget, you enter measurement data with GPS and then process it in Autocad and you implement the Safety (culture) ladder®.
As an earthmoving contractor you are jointly responsible for the implementation and realization of
various earthmoving projects, especially in the region. Within earthmoving, the projects mainly consist of activities for farmers, such as leveling the lands.
In addition, work is also being done on cultural-technical projects, such as the redevelopment of (nature) areas – construction of nature ponds, ecological bird nesting island / water basin, etc. The varying size of work means that you sometimes run one large project and sometimes several smaller ones at the same time.
With your experience you know how to provide good and driven execution and leadership. You can easily switch between projects. You also manage progress, quality, efficiency and safety. Safety is your daily priority and you convey that to the team. You give toolbox measurements and discuss the various safety situations.
The direct team you work with consists of the project leader, the work planner and a colleague foreman. Together you monitor the planning of projects, you agree which materials / machines and people must be called, you prepare drawings in Autocad and you handle the administration of the projects. In the field you will have support from the assisting assistant foreman and the drivers. Together with the team, you ensure that the job is done.
• You have HBO / MBO + working and thinking level in the direction of civil engineering, environmental science, agriculture or related;
• You have at least 5 years of practical work experience in large earthmoving and / or civil engineering in a similar role and experience with construction jobs;
• You have a passion for the profession, you are down-to-earth and you like the hectic pace of the profession;
• You are in possession of a driver’s license and have a valid VCA VOL and BHV diploma;
• You are experienced with MS Office and Autocad;
• You can supervise excellently, make efficiency improvements and you have well-developed communication skills;
• You have a strong administrative and financial background;
• You are independent, solution-oriented, stress resistant, you know how to keep an overview, and you can easily switch between projects ad-hoc.
• You are available full-time and have a flexible work attitude
• Knowledge of the English language is an advantage.
Elzinga is a no-nonsense family business in development, with a flat structure and short lines. You will work in a close-knit organization with an informal culture and hard-working, proud colleagues! You will receive a permanent appointment and a competitive salary in accordance with the LEO collective labor agreement. In addition to a company car, you will receive a laptop and a smartphone.